It's story time, folks! Let's let everyone know what kind of an education
Hayward children are really getting while their teachers are on strike!
These are some of the tales of woe from my sites...
Tyrrell (Thursday, 4/5 and Friday, 4/6):
1. Children unsupervised in parking lot during recess (snuck out the side
2. Child in tears asked to call home to be taken home early, "they" said
no on Thursday. Parent kept her child home on Friday.
3. Another parent came in Friday and asked to observe in a classroom.
"They" told her no.
4. 2 4th grade girls got into a physical brawl in the classroom. Scab too
busy yelling at other kids to notice.
5. One parent reported to his child's teacher that he picked up his child
early from school on Friday because the scab was not letting kids go to the
bathroom and was SMOKING IN CLASS?!?!
Shepherd (Friday, 4/6):
Scabs left at 11:30am on Friday even though the kids weren't supposed to
be dismissed until 12:30. Actual dismissal of kids was 12:15 (We think
that the 11am rally had something to do with this scab release time).
Principal obviously wasn't concerned that kids would miss out on any
learning by dismissing scabs early. Shepherd teachers want to know if
scabs made their $300 a day even though they only "worked" until 11:30!
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Stories from my sites
Posted by SPF at 3:46 PM